Kunta Kinte Celebrations, Inc.
In September 1987, the Kunta Kinte Celebration was born in Annapolis, Maryland. America's first national capital. The celebration marked a momentous historical occasion for all African Americans and particularly Marylanders.
It is important to take this opportunity to thank all of our sponsors without whom this event would not be possible. The Board of Directors and Volunteers are very thankful for the tremendous media support and extremely appreciative of the financial support from the City of Annapolis and all our generous sponsors.
2012 Kunta Kinte Festival Committee Staff
- Chairperson: Ruby Singleton Blakeney
- Vice Chair: Crystal Johnson Brown
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Scotti Preston
- Event Coordinator: Crystal Johnson Brown
- Entertainment Committee: David Arthur and Tea Arthur
- Arts & Crafts Committee: Carolyn Young and Danielle Young
- Food Committee: Thomasine Young & William Young
- Children's Committee: Debbie Wood, Chesapeake Children's Museum
- Education Committee: Commissioner Lyndra Marshall (nee Pratt), Maryland Commission on African American History and Culture and Roger Marshall, Sr.
- Media Relations: Raychiel Webb
- Volunteer Committee: John Merrick
- DJ: Adolph Brown